Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Constant back pain even when lying down

Constant back pain even when lying down

Patient: I have had back pain for 3 weeks it is at the bottom of my back and includes my hips, it does not ease when I lay down and sometimes affects my walking I’m only 21 what could this be?

Symptoms: Constant pain when sneezing or coughing, pain when lying down

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for your question on “Ask The Doctor”.It’s now more than 3 weeks you are having pain in lower back, th this could be Pelvic inflammatory disease, an infection of pelvic organ.There is also a possibility of lumbar spondylosis in absence of history of injury to lower back.You may be having a muscular sprain.It seems more like a muscular pain that you are describing.I would advise you to try some heat compress and local anti-inflammatory gels.However, if the pain does continue I recommend you to see your family physician for a physical examination.Wish you a good health!