Constant back pain even when lying down

Q: I have had back pain for 3 weeks it is at the bottom of my back and includes my hips, it does not ease when I lay down and sometimes affects my walking I'm only 21 what could this be?

Symptoms:  Constant pain when sneezing or coughing, pain when lying down

Thanks for your question on "Ask The Doctor".
It’s now more than 3 weeks you are having pain in lower back, this could be Pelvic inflammatory disease, an infection of pelvic organ.
There is also a possibility of lumbar spondylosis in absence of history of injury to lower back.
You may be having a muscular sprain.
It seems more like a muscular pain that you are describing.
I would advise you to try some heat compress and local anti-inflammatory gels.
However, if the pain does continue I recommend you to see your family physician for a physical examination.
Wish you a good health!