Constant back pain even when lying down

Patient : I have had back pain for 3 weeks it is at the bottom of my back and includes my hips, it does not ease when I lay down and sometimes affects my walking I'm only 21 what could this be?
Symptoms:  Constant pain when sneezing or coughing, pain when lying down
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for your question on "Ask The Doctor". It’s now more than 3 weeks you are having pain in lower back, th this could be Pelvic inflammatory disease, an infection of pelvic organ. There is also a possibility of lumbar spondylosis in absence of history of injury to lower back. You may be having a muscular sprain. It seems more like a muscular pain that you are describing. I would advise you to try some heat compress and local anti-inflammatory gels. However, if the pain does continue I recommend you to see your family physician for a physical examination. Wish you a good health!