Ask The Doctor > Pending > Constant Bleeding, Short Period on pill. Pregnant??

Constant Bleeding, Short Period on pill. Pregnant??

Patient: I am 18 years old. I have been on “Trinessa” birth control for three months now and Seasonique before that. I have been continuously bleeding for all three months rarely having days without dark brown or dark red blood. This is the week of my sugar pills and I only bled for 3 days and only had one really heavy day, then the bleeding stopped completely. My boyfriend and I rarely have unprotected sex, and within the last month have only done that once. We use condoms 9 out of10 times. Is there any chance I am pregnant? Or what is happening? Please help. (I plan on switching to a new pill after this month hopefully with less bleeding)

Doctor: