Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Constant dry snorting with no mucus

Constant dry snorting with no mucus

Patient: I constantly snort all the time even though there doesn’t feel like I have anything in my nose, I always snort really loud and hard and it makes my nose feel better. What could be the problem?

Symptoms: Snorting, clogged ears

Doctor: HelloThank you posting your query on ATD.Snoring is the vibration of respiratory structures and the resulting sound, due to obstructed air movement during breathing while sleeping.Snoring is a common problem that makes person and partner uncomfortable. It certainly has adverse effects on health.Generally speaking the structures involved are the uvula and soft palate. The irregular airflow is caused by a passageway blockage and is usually due to Sleeping on one’s back, which may result in the tongue dropping to the back of the mouth. Throat weakness, mispositioned jaw, fat gathering in and around the throat, obstruction in the nasal passageway, alcohol or other drugs relaxing throat muscles may lead to snoring.There are many ways to treat snoring. Here are some suggestions.1. Reduce your weight if possible2. Sleep on left or right side3. Use thin pillow4. There are anti snoring devices available in the market like nasal clips, teeth support.5. Use saline nasal drops6. Some surgeries also possible.Well, what will be best for you; will better be decided with consultation with your doctor.Wish you a good health