Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Constant itching and secretion in scrotum

Constant itching and secretion in scrotum

Patient: My symptoms include: A “wetness” (which I believe is some sort of “discharge”)that is always present where my upper thighs join my groin (I do not believe it is sweat, because even if I wipe it off, it come right back within a matter of seconds. Also, it stained the briefs I had on with a slight “yellowish” color. And yes… It is not urine.) A slight odor and the intense itching.. I’m always scratching down there! On my testicles, the sides of my penis, my scrotum, everywhere! And finally, I have these “pimple like” bumps all over my scrotum. It happens for a week and then subsides for a week or two.

Symptoms: Itching, secretion

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.There can be no such discharge apart from sweat which will appear all of a sudden within a matter of seconds. Still, I will advise you to get yourself examined by a dermatologist to rule out fungal infections of the skin. Fungal infections arise from excessive sweating, which further increases the levels of sweating in return. So, it is like a vicious cycle. Especially, in fungal infections, the affected areas feel really sticky.You also have intense itching which further points towards a fungal infection.I will advise you to apply Clotrimazole ointment mixed with Mupirocin ointment on your scrotum as well as your thighs 3 times daily for at least a week. This will reduce the infection, as well as boils on the scrotum.Hope this was helpful,Regards