Constant lower back pain, no obvious cause.

Patient

Q: For the past couple weeks I have suffered from constant lower back pain, on the left side but occasionally it will move to the right side I've had to take up to 6 paracetamol a day! To no avail, the pain just won't shift! At first I thought it might be my period causing it but the pain started before my period and continues long after it has finished!!
I don't want to go to the doctor just yet as I don't have anything else 'wrong' with me, it's just my back.
I've never had any problems with my back and the pain seemed to come on very suddenly.
Is this something I should be concerned about or will it just pass eventually?

Doctor