Constant tightness in my throat makes it hard to breathe

Q: Constant tightness in my throat makes it hard to breathe sometimes but it feels like someone is choking me dryness and itchynes and certain things set it of like after I eat, exercise, and the worst is when I smell chemicals or perfume

Symptoms:  Tight throat dry throat itchy throat

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Noted your history of dryness, itchiness and feeling of someone is choking you.
This happens in cases of Chronic pharyngitis.
The major reason being unable to take the curative treatment when you had the first attack.
Well, I would advise you the following:
- Consult an ENT Surgeon to get a clinical evaluation, ENT Endoscopy to see that there is no organic/Somatic problems.
-Get investigations as advised by your ENT.
- Insist on completion of the treatment till cure.
In the meantime you can have small amounts of water frequently to keep the throat wet, try honwy o such natural things.
No chocolates, lozenges or so.
Keep away from all the irritant like fumes , scents and whichever you have noted to enhance your problems.

I hope this answer helps you

Patient: Thank you very much I'm still have itchynes in my throat and in upper chest usually when I inhale deep or exhale deep. I went to my doctor and she is having me take a allergy test and something else to check out my lungs but thank you I appreciate it. I will ask her about pharyngitis it seems like it's getting worst but when I first wake up its alright then throughout the day starts hurting and itching.