Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Constant urge to urinate and frequent urination

Constant urge to urinate and frequent urination

Patient: I have a constant urge to urinate, even after I go the feeling doesn’t go away. I haven’t been to the doctor yet and it only started yesterday. There has been no pain, cloudly urine or anything out of the ordinary except for the feeling and frequent urination. I’m worried…

Symptoms: Constant urge to urinate and frequent urination

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Urinary tract infections often start off with a sense of constantly wanting to urinate. Thi s is called urgency. It can develop into painful lower abdominal discomfort, along with the presence of blood int he urine. We recommend that you have your urine tested for a UTI at your doctor’s office. The sooner it is diagnosed and treated, the better.Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com