Construction

Patient : Been coughing up phlegm and when I breath in deep there is a little wheezing for at least 4 months and when I don't run for a few days it feel like pressure on my chest I'm not sick. Just wondering if it's something I should get checked out
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. You could probably be having an allergic reaction to something in your environment. Dust, p ollen, mold, or exposure to noxious chemicals could cause this. This would result in increase mucous production in the trachea and lungs, as a means to clear out the allergens. Coughing up excess phlegm is your bodies way of doing so. We recommend that you visit your physician to have a sample of your phlegm tested for any bacteria, as well as have an x ray of your chest to rule out walking pneumonia, or any other lung infection. Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com