Q: Been coughing up phlegm and when I breath in deep there is a little wheezing for at least 4 months and when I don't run for a few days it feel like pressure on my chest I'm not sick. Just wondering if it's something I should get checked out

A:   Thank you for your question. You could probably be having an allergic reaction to something in your environment. Dust, pollen, mold, or exposure to noxious chemicals could cause this. This would result in increase mucous production in the trachea and lungs, as a means to clear out the allergens. Coughing up excess phlegm is your bodies way of doing so. We recommend that you visit your physician to have a sample of your phlegm tested for any bacteria, as well as have an x ray of your chest to rule out walking pneumonia, or any other lung infection.

Thank you for choosing