x
163 Physicians Online

Question:

Continious sore throat after strep throat treatment

I have had a sore throat for over a month, went to the doctor and they told me that i had strep troat, took all the anti biotics. I thought it was gone away but not its like there is a constant tickle in m throat and will go away unless i suck on halls which sooths it a little.. what should i do ?

Answer:

In general, the conventional duration of oral antibiotic therapy to achieve treatment of strep throat is 10 days. Patients with strep throat should have improvement in clinical symptoms within three to four days of initiating antibiotic therapy. In general, test of cure is not necessary for asymptomatic patients. However, you may want to do a follow-up test of cure if your symptoms are not improving.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Patrick Golden M.D.

• Board Certified Cardiologist
  • Founder AskTheDoctor.com
  • Practices in Fresno, CA