Continous fever and cold.

Patient : I am feeling cold and continous fever is coming over and over.After taking medicine ,fever is gone but it is just for 2-3 hrs.Also,my urine is too yellow.I have been taking medicine for two days but it doesn't seems to have any effect.Also,I have severe case of boils for the last 2-3 months
Symptoms:  Continous fever,Cold,Boils
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. You seem to be suffering from an upper respiratory tract infection ( URTI ) with a history of cold and fever. I am not sure from your history if you tried antibiotics till now. Talk to a Doctor to get these antibiotics. A good choice would be Cap. Augmentin 625 mg twice daily for 7 days. After 3 days of antibiotics, if the fever still persists, you will need some investigations like CBC ( Complete Blood Count ), LFT ( Liver Function Test ), and routine urine examination. These investigations will help in finding the exact diagnosis. But this is only required if the antibiotics do not work. For your fever, you can continue Tab. Paracetamol 500 mg twice daily after food till it settles down. You also have a history of boils. This can happen in people who sweat a lot, leading to consistent plugging of pores. You can apply Mupirocin ointment on the boils 2-3 times daily. Hope this was helpful, Regards.