Continued Bleeding for Ten Days With No Missed Pills

Q: Hello,

I have been on Tri-Sprintec for about two years now, and have always had perfect periods with it. In the past, I have missed a pill or two, and have had light breakthrough bleeding, which has always gone away after about 2 days.

This month, I just started into the second week of my pills, and have started bleeding. It is a lot more than just breakthrough bleeding, and has lasted about 10 days now, and hasn't stopped. At times, there are blood clots, and a little bit of abdominal pain. I haven't missed any pills, and have continued taking them, but continue having bleeding.

I know I should call my doctor, but she's pretty hard to get a hold of, so I just wanted to seek some insight first, and would greatly appreciate any and all feeback.

Thank you!