Continuous bleeding while taking Marvelon for the first time

Patient

Q: Hi! I'm 38 years old and it is my first time to take birth control pills which is Marvelon. I started taking it on Nov. 13 on the first period day.Then it was only spotting for a day or two. After that, it continues to bleed moderately until today. And I'm still wearing pads. I am still taking Marvelon on time and faithfully. This is my 2nd week of taking it which means this is my 2nd week of having prolonged bleeding. Do I need to take iron sulfate?. Do I need to see a doctor ASAP or should I wait until a month or two or three for my body to adjust? Thank you for your time and effort.

Doctor