Contraception 8 months after last pregnancy

Patient

Q: I have a 8 month old baby and wanted to try and fall pregnant again. Would my body be able to cope with it and would the be any problems?

Doctor

A:   There should be no problems in becoming pregnant again after 8 months from your babies’ delivery. By this time your sexual organs surely returned to their normal state and if you are menstruating again then fertility is already granted. Certainly I would suggest you to consult your obstetrician for a physical exam and blood work in preparation for your next pregnancy. I wish you a successful pregnancy.