Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Contraception choice

Contraception choice

Patient: Hi, I am cabin crew. I have heard that using certain contraceptive pills can be bad for my health as I fly long distances. Are there certain pills that I can take? Kind regards.

Symptoms: No symptoms

Doctor: Hello,If contraception is the concern then you can opt for progesterone only pills or minipills for daily schedule. The advantage is if you are traveling and don’t wish your period to start, then you may continue taking the active pill and the period shall start only when you stop or miss the pill. It is free from estrogenic side effects of weight gain, swelling and hair loss sometimes.So, i hope i have answered your query,Rregards