Contraceptive pills and Meckel diverticulum

Q: Hello

I have a question as my girlfriend is considering to start taking contraceptive pills, but I am a little worried about the risk. She is not confident speaking to a doctor about it. There is no need for prescription in her country.

I know that her parents have no heart diseases, and she is also in good health. However, she has been under surgery for Meckel diverticulum which resulted in less blood in her body, which may sometimes make her feel a little dizzy if she hasn't eaten for a while. Do you think I have any reason to be concerned about how this may affect the risk in taking such pills?