Contraceptives and Ovulation Induction

Patient

Q: I m suffering from right ovarian cyst.from past one year i m on medication.now my periods r reguler.now i want to get pregnant.my doctor prescribed me registron 5mg twice daily and letrozole tablet for batter ovulation.my question is while taking registron can i get pregnent.

Doctor

A:   Regestrne (I presume) is a contraceptive pill. To answer your question, you will not get pregnant if you are taking it regestrone. Letrozole, on the other hand, will stimulate the ovary to release an egg. Your doctor might have his reasons why he/she is prescribing you Regestrone and Letrozole. Maybe he/she wants to suppress the ovulation (relase of an egg by the ovary) for a certain time then induce ovulation after. I think it has something to do with the timing. You should discuss this with your doctor so you will understand better. I hope this helps.