Contreceptive pills while pregnant.

Patient

Q: Hello, I have been on the contraceptive pills for over 2 months. I have recently had unprotected sex with my partner and now for the past few days I have been feeling very sick and having a lot of discharge. My belly has also started to bloat a little bit. Is there a change for me to be pregnant even if I am on the pills?

Symptoms:  Sickness, discharge, bely bloating
Doctor

Birth control pills are highly effective when taken regularly without missing a dose.They do have a failure rate of about 0.5 to 1 %, no contraceptive is 100% effective.The symptoms of sickness, discharge and bloating could be associated with pregnancy.These symptoms may also be due to hormonal changes, side effect of the pills or premenstrual symptoms.
I would suggest you to do a beta hCG test to rule out pregnancy and follow it up with a gynecologist.
Hope this helped