Copper IUD

Patient

Q: Hi. I had a copper IUD inserted 3 days ago. Today I decided to feel for the strings. I felt the strings, but I also felt my cervix as a large hardish lump. It felt extremely low. Its never felt this way before and it scared me. Whats causing this?

Is it possible that the procedure caused this? I felt a large and painful amount of tugging during the procedure. Or could it be that it is very swollen?

Again, the size, hardness and placement of my cervix is nothing I've ever felt before, and its rather startling to me.

Doctor