Corticosteroid inhaler

Patient: I have been taking corticosteroids inhaler for four weeks now and I have noticed a weight gain also I have non cancer nodules on my thyroid, can the steroid inhaler I’m taking effect my thyroid? Is there some thing else I can take ?

Symptoms: Weight gain/ effect on thyroid taking corticosteroid inhaler…qzar

Doctor: Thank you for the question,Steroids and other anti-inflammatory drugs work by reducing inflammation, swelling, and m ucus production in the airways of a person with asthma.The list of possible effects is long; it includes mood changes, forgetfulness, hair loss, easy bruising, a tendency toward high blood pressure and diabetes, thinning of the bones (osteoporosis), suppression of the adrenal glands, muscle weakness, weight gain, cataracts, and glaucoma.A thyroid nodule is a lump in your thyroid gland. It can be solid or filled with fluid. You can have a single nodule or a cluster of nodules. Thyroid nodules are common and rarely cancerous. Nodules are often found in people who have Hashimoto’s disease, an autoimmune disease that leads to hypothyroidism. If you have a diet low in iodine, you may develop thyroid nodules.A steroid inhaler can cause a imbalance in electrolytes that leads to a thyroid disorder. Talk to a Doctor about the possible effects. Also, without an examination and knowing which steroid you are taking, it will be difficult for me to comment on your condition.I hope this will help you. Have a nice day.