Costochritis

Patient

Q: Hello,

About 9 weeks ago I was experiencing like a strain just around my right side, then pain in the lower right frontal rib cage then the middle right back to now the lower right. My GI doctor ordered a ultrasound was normal except for 2 small polyps (under 5mm) which we both know and just watching and my hida scan was normal %64.

I went to the ER less than two weeks ago complaining about the rib cage pain and chest discomfort, they took x-rays of the ribs and told me I had costochritis. I am using a heat pad which seems to help and taking advil 3 times a day that doesn't seem to help.

I had terrible lower right back and middle right back pain for two days along with the chest discomfort. After that I began doing light stretches for the pain and it seems to help along with using the head pad on my rib.

I read costochritis can cause back pain along with abdominal pain. Could this all be related to the costochritis?

Before these symptoms I was very active in the gym but I haven't been to the gym in just over two months.

thanks

Doctor