Ask The Doctor > Pending > Cough and chills for over five weeks

Cough and chills for over five weeks

Patient: Hi, I’ve not been well for over 5 weeks now, it started with flu like symptoms, chesty cough , chills , fever etc. Then after 2 weeks seemed to be more like a cold, runny nose, chills , still cough. Now I still have cough not as bad , quite dry, have had chills and feel that there is still congestion in my chest. I was also given an inhaler a few weeks ago as I had a rattle when I coughed which is now away, I have stopped using the inhaler as it made me cough more. I’m worried that I’m still getting chills etc I have taken ibrofen, parcentamol, vit c , zinc etc. Is this a virus or something else? Thanks for your help

Doctor: