Cough and head pain

Q: I had a sore throat for about 4 days and that went away 2 days ago and i woke up yesterday morning with a congested nose and a cough.but everytime i cough i get a pain in my head...i was wonderin if it was just allergies or a cold

Symptoms:  Coughing and congested nose and sore throat

A:   You seem to be suffering from Acute Sinusitis as a sequel of your throat infection and nasal congestion. Sinuses are closed cavities that tend to get clogged with mucus and the local inflammation leads to narrowing of the sinus opening. This causes increased pressure and pain in the head with movements like coughing, bending forward, etc. You should see a doctor (preferably an ENT specialist) who would prescribe you a combination of decongestant nasal drops along with antibiotics and analgesics for better control of your symptoms. Additionally, plain water steam inhalation would also help. Take Care!