Cough from 3 days, Should i go see a doctor?

Patient

Q: For the past three days I have had a cough, sore throat, headaches, and alot of mucus. I woke up with pink eye yesterday. I called my doctor office and they just prescribed me pink eye drops over the phone. I still feel misable from the coughing and mucus. Should I go in to see the doctor in person?

Symptoms:  Coughing, headache, mucus, pink eye
Doctor

A:   Thank you for contacting ask the doctor. I recommend a visit to a physician and getting a complete physical examination, hematological tests and other laboratory tests done in order to arrive at a correct diagnosis. This could be a viral Pharyngitis and may need symptomatic treatments. Warm saline gargles and rest are essential. Proper nutrition helps to regain the strength faster.
In case there is presence of the facial tenderness , doubt of acute sinusitis arises. Sinus inflammation can be managed with antibiotics/ avoidance of the allergens/ decongestants etc.
Streptococcal throat infection is another likely cause of the cough. It can be treated and managed with antibiotics, rest and warm gargles.
It is essential that the correct diagnosis be made before starting the treatment.
Hope this information is useful.