Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Cough n breathing issues for five months inhaler stopped hel

Cough n breathing issues for five months inhaler stopped hel

Patient: Cough n breathing issues for five months inhaler stopped helping…

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here for your help.You seem to be suffering from Bronchial Asthma. This is also a type of allergic response.It is quite difficult to differentiate between Bronchial Asthma and Allergic cough.However, your symptoms represent Bronchial Asthma only.Treatment for both of the issues is same.I would advise in such scenario:1. Hemogram with ESR2. ECG3. Chest Xray4. Pulmonary Function TestYour doctor would evaluate you clinically. If you don’t have severe chest congestion, he would treat you with anti-allergic drugs like Levocetirizine and Montelukast. He may add deriphylline or doxophylline for the chest spasms.If your chest congestion is very severe and there are wheezes and rhonchi’s, then inhalers containing bronchi dilators like Salbutamol would be required.You might also require short dose of Steroid inhaler like Budesonide.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy