Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Coughing and some wheezing, and a little short of breath

Coughing and some wheezing, and a little short of breath

Patient: I have been taking levquin 500 for 10 days. I am better, but when I get up in the morning, I cough and expel some mucus. I can taste or smell the mucus a little. Do I need a stronger antibiotic, or some thing else. Please help—thanks

Symptoms: Coughing some wheezing,

Doctor: Thanks for consulting us. Levofloxacin should be consumed for 3 to 5 days only. If your cough is not subsiding, consult physician for further work up. Losartan that you have been taking can also precipitate or aggravate cough. It is good to stop this for time being and switch to other antihypertensive if required. Consult your physician for better advice.