Coughing, Hayfever, Mucus, general sick feeling

Patient

Q: Hi, I have been sick for about 3-4 weeks. I have constant running nose, with mucus. Minor sinus pain. I have an ongoing bad cough I also have a sore throat. Also when I go to the toilet my poo is greenish in color. Light green brown.

I saw my doctor 10 days ago and he thought it might be hayfever, but the hayfever medications don't seem to work. I have tried Telfast and Zyrtec.
I didn't tell my doctor about the symptom of discolored feces, as it was not as often at the time.

I am a 34 year old male, of average build with no other major health concerns.

I am open to suggestions, on what it could be and what to try.

Symptoms:  Coughing, mucus, discolour feces - green
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that you may in fact have an upper respiratory tract and sinus infection. This could be caused by a bacterial infection which you contracted. This bacterial infection could also be causing the changes in your bowl movements. Such infections can be readily treated with a course of antibiotics medication. Please return to your doctor for a reevaluation of your symptoms, and start the appropriate medication if necessary.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com