Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Coughing, Hayfever, Mucus, general sick feeling

Coughing, Hayfever, Mucus, general sick feeling

Patient: Hi, I have been sick for about 3-4 weeks. I have constant running nose, with mucus. Minor sinus pain. I have an ongoing bad cough I also have a sore throat. Also when I go to the toilet my poo is greenish in color. Light green brown.I saw my doctor 10 days ago and he thought it might be hayfever, but the hayfever medications don’t seem to work. I have tried Telfast and Zyrtec.I didn’t tell my doctor about the symptom of discolored feces, as it was not as often at the time.I am a 34 year old male, of average build with no other major health concerns.I am open to suggestions, on what it could be and what to try.

Symptoms: Coughing, mucus, discolour feces – green

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is possible that you may in fact have an upper respiratory tract and sinus infection. Th is could be caused by a bacterial infection which you contracted. This bacterial infection could also be causing the changes in your bowl movements. Such infections can be readily treated with a course of antibiotics medication. Please return to your doctor for a reevaluation of your symptoms, and start the appropriate medication if necessary.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com