Coughing up blood and mucus

Patient

Q: I have been throwing up puss and blood and coughing it up to. What So I need to So

Doctor

A:   Coughing up blood and pus from the lungs could indicate a number od conditions such as pneumonia, lung abscess, bronchiectaisis and lung cancer. In your history you have mentioned that you suffer from asthma. Asthma does not cause one to have bloody sputum or mucus. Whether benign, as a nosebleed, or a more serious cause, coughing up blood should be taken seriously and the cause determined.  This will require examination, first, by a lung specialist who would do a bronchoscopic exam including autofluorescence and perhaps order other tests, such as a CT scan of the lungs. Take care.