Coughing up mucous every morning for 8 months and post curettage problems

Q: Ever since I got pregnant 8 months ago (although I lost the baby at 16 weeks preg) I have been either coughing up or vomiting every morning for about half an hour. It is sometimes even rubbery and hard at times and brown or dark yellow. I thought it would resolve itself after I lost the baby but it hasn't, its been another 5 months on since I lost it. Any idea what could be wrong?

I have not changed my diet and am dairy free and am fine in the day so doubt it is allergy. The only other complaint is I still suffer a lot of pain in my uterus after the curettage I had done to remove the baby and occassionaly bleed after sex and this month bled for a few days a few days after my period stopped. The blood was wehn i would go to the toilet and in vaginal mucous and since the opeartion my periods are very heavy. My uterus pain concerns me a lot. I saw the doc 2 months ago and she just dismissed it. I doubt that's related though... apart from that I am in very good health, don't smoke or drink and am not overweight or anything.

Any ideas... its driving me nuts!
When i was pregnant it was all day and would feel something in the back of my throat all the time which would make me vomit. I don't get that so much now..its just in the morning and dont feel the hard stuff stuck in my throat..just heaps of mucus out of my nose and throat to be gagged or vomited up or I can't get it out and there's lots of it

Symptoms:  coughing up mucous
pelvic pain and blood in discharge