Coughs and colds

Patient

Q: Coughing up green phlem what does that mean?

Doctor

A:   Congratulations for taking an active step regarding your health and health conditions .

A productive cough can be symptoms of asthma, sinus infection, respiratory infection, gastritis or smoking.
The color of the sputum is only concerning when it is red (blood) or black (dry blood).
If it has only recently started, I would suggest a decongestant as recommended by your local pharmacist, an increase in fluid intake, steam inhalation and rest.
If it continues beyond 48 hours, please see your doctor.

Guest: If I am allergic to pennicellin can I take amoxicellin?