Could a cyst have caused my previous miscarriage and would a future pregnancy be at risk?

Q: Back in August of 2011, my husband and I became pregnant, quite by accident. I miscarried at about 6 weeks. During and after the pregnancy I had significant pain in my right side that went from my pelvis to halfway down my inner thigh. My doctors(I saw several because it was at the state college)kept telling me it was normal and I may have some pain for a few weeks after my miscarriage. I went to the er several times because the pain was so bad. Each time they would do the trans-vaginal ultrasound and say I had small cysts but nothing to be causing the pain. finally the last time they saw that the cyst on my right ovary had grown significantly and a pocket of blood was filling inside the cyst. I was put on birth control for 1 month and the pain stopped. I have been off the pill for a few months now and we are trying to get pregnant again. I can feel some slight pain in my right side again. It is nothing compared to the pain I previously had, but It is worrying me. Could the first cyst have caused my miscarriage? And could it be happening agaiin?