Could a UTI Interfere with the Results of a Home Pregnancy Test?

Patient : Could a UTI interfere with the results of an at-home pregnancy test? i am 7 weeks late and took an at-home test. it was negative. i was just recently treated for a UTI and was wondering if that would interfere, since the test is urine based.
Doctor :   That is a good question. The answer is yes and no. Home pregnancy tests measure the presence of a hormone called hormon e human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG).  Shortly after a fertilized egg attaches to your uterine lining, your body begins to produce HCG.  The more hormone present in the urine, the more accurate the test. While a UTI would not affect the presence of HCG hormone, women with UTI's are often advised to increase their fluid intake so you may inadvertently dilute the concentration of HCG in urine thus making very early pregnancy difficult to detect.  However, taking the test in the morning as prescribed on the box should ensure your urine is concentrated enough for the purpose of the test.