Could bicycling irritate prostate?

Q: I have mild overflow incontinence. I dribble a drop or two a minute all day and all night. I urinate at least every two hours and average getting up twice a night to urinate. I have no problem starting or stopping, have a fairly good urine stream and no problem holding it for a while when necessary, even to the point of feeling pain. Last summer I bought a new bicycle and ride about 250 to 300 miles per month. The dribbling started maybe two or three months later. The frequent urination has been going on for much longer. Is it coincidence or could the biking be irritating my prostate and causing the incontinence? I am 60 yrs old and usually use a Depends guard in my briefs to avoid embarrassing myself.

A:   Your symptoms are most likley related to an enlarged prostate and not your bicycle. It is easy to confirm this by a simle ultrasound. Your doctor may then suggest medications to help with this problem or a surgical procedure to remove the prostate