Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Could early spotting, before your period is due be a sign that you are pregnant?

Could early spotting, before your period is due be a sign that you are pregnant?

Patient: My husband and I have been ttc and usually my period is due in 2 more weeks (my cycle is anywhere from 30 to 45 days), but I have started to have dark brown spotting only when I go to the washroom and wipe. This is not my normal period as if it where I would have been done by now. The spotting has lasted 5 days. Could early spotting, before your period is due be a sign that you are pregnant?

Doctor:

Guest: I wish I knew, I have been experiencing spotting of tan to darker tan for 5 days period is due tomorrow so itll be 6 days of spotting then a flow. I wanted to know what to ask a doctor to test me for. gl to you