Could hydrocodone abuse have caused damage to my bladder or prostate?

Q: Could I have caused permanent damage to my bladder or prostate by using Vicodin? I recently started taking Vicodin for job related pain and about the same time I had a UTI and was treated with antibiotics. A week later I still had UTI symptoms such a pain and urinary retention but my labs came back clean. The doc thought I could have a prostate infection and continued a longer course of antibiotics. During this whole time I was taking Vicodin to manage the pain and was actually taking to much of it, perhaps to the point of abusing it. After a while I went to the emergency room because I could not pee at all! I was given a cath and was told it was probably the antibiotics and pain pills cause it since again my labs came back clean. I stopped using Vicodin all together as I realized the association with urinary retention. The thing is, after 4 weeks now I still have bladder or prostate pain. Sometimes it's hard to urinate and sometimes its uncomfortable to pass a bowl movement. Did i do some serious harm to one of these organs by ODing? on a prescription pain pill?