Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Could I be Preganant before my cycle?

Could I be Preganant before my cycle?

Patient: My boyfriend an i had unprotected sex two days before my normal period date. two days later i saw some pinkish discharge that looked like blood, the following day it was gone. could i possibily be with child…

Doctor: I would not correlate the pinkish discharge with being pregnant.Common symptoms of pregnancy include nausea, breast te nderness, and increased libido but they would not likely be present within 2 days of conception.I can not understate the fact that it is possible to get pregnant at anytime in your cycle.  If your next cycle does not arrive and you normally have regular cycles, I would suggest doing a home pregnancy test.I hope this helps