Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Could i be pregant after sex then three days on period.

Could i be pregant after sex then three days on period.

Patient: Hey just had sex for the first time and could not get the pill, so don’t know if I’m pregnant we did not use a comdom, after three days I’m now on my period does tht mean im not pregnant.

Symptoms: Feeling sick

Doctor: Ovulation or the release of an egg (ovum) usually occurs around the 14th day of the menstrual cycle, and thus an unprote cted intercourse occurring around this time has a maximum chance of getting you pregnant; but this is not a rule, and in many women ovulation time may not be so predictable. This holds especially true for the ladies with irregular menstrual periods. Thus the so called The fertile period of a woman is determined by analyzing her menstrual cycle with an ovulation calculator or fertility chart. Normally, the menstrual cycle is a 28 day cycle. During the 14th day after a period, the ovum is released. This process is called ovulation and the days 12 to 16 days after a period are said to be a woman’s most fertile period.An emergency pill or ECP is a birth control pill that can prevent pregnancy after an unprotected intercourse. People sometimes call it the “morning after pill.” But you don’t have to wait until the morning after sex to take it. In fact, Plan B is more effective the sooner you take it. It is a one-dose regimen: you take one pill. The pill contains 1.5 milligrams of levonorgestrel, which is used in lower doses in many birth control pills.If you are still wondering if you could be pregnant or to be on the safer side, it is always advisable to get a Home Pregnancy Test done for confirmation. You may also visit your family physician for a consultation.

View all posts