Could I be pregnant

Patient

Q: I had a tubal ligation 8 years ago. I was suppose to start my period on march 8th but spotted on March 9th and 11th. Now I have been spotting for 3 days now (march 21,22,23) today's was a bit different cause when I wiped I had more ofa mucus/ blood on my toilet paper. I've made an appointment with my obgyn but he can't see me until April 11. Could I be pregnant?

Symptoms:  No symptoms really. I was nauseous for 2 days
Doctor

A:   Hello Dear, Generally when you opt for tubal ligation the chances for a conception after 8 years are almost remote. Tubal ligation is a permanent method of birth control. Pregnancy after tubal ligation is very rare say 5 in 1000 women after year of the tubal ligation and say ~ 13 in 1000 women after 5 years of the surgery.
Tubal ligation may fail sometimes depending on the method of ligation or if the tubes grow back together or a new passage is formed allowing the spermatozoa to fertilize the eggs which is very rare. Opt for a home pregnancy test to check out if you are pregnant or go to a doctor who will do a scan to know the reason for this irregular spotting
Good luck