Could I be pregnant?

Patient

Q: In the last month and a half, I had unprotected sex several times. Didn't involve ejaculation because he put a condom on before he did that. I am also aware that women can sometimes get pregnant from preejaculation. After a couple times of having it unprotected, 8 days later I got my period. It was 3 days late and it only last 4 days and it usually lasts 5 days. Prior to the period, I wasn't feeling well (meaning nauseous and frequent trips to the bathroom). Its been close to 2 weeks since ending the period and I still feel sick and just feels like its getting worse. I've been feeling nauseous (not puking though), fatigue, frequent trips to the bathroom, bloating, and stomach pains here and there. I was wondering if I could be possibly pregnant? Or am I just getting somewhat worked up and thinking that I could be with all the symptoms I have been having.

Symptoms:  Nauseous, fatigue, frequent trips to the bathroom, bloating, stomach pains
Doctor

A:   Precum or pre-ejaculatory fluid is the secretion from the glands in the aroused penis. This fluid rarely ever contains active sperms. Also intercourse just before a period is highly unlikely to get you pregnant as the chances of ovulation are minimal during this time.
After having a period, it is highly unlikely that you could be pregnant. The nausea, vomiting and other pregnancy like symptoms that you are experiencing could just be stress related or signs of some other illnesses such as viral infections, anemia, gastroenteritis etc.
However the best way to relieve you of the stress is to do a home pregnancy test. You can follow the instructions on the pack and get tested yourself without any hassles.
If you are not planning to have a baby soon it is best you use a contraceptive method to stay protected. I strongly urge you to visit a family planning clinic or a contraception counselor and discuss the benefits and use of emergency contraceptive or morning after pills. Armed with the proper knowledge, I am sure you will be able to avoid anxious moments in the future.

Guest: Hi, I had my IUI on 15 July with HCG shot on 13July,Then on 29th eve i checked with my first HPT and it was faint +ve then on todays morning it was -ve