Could I be pregnant?

Patient

Q: I'm worried I'm pregnant. I got my first depo shot 10 days before having unprotected sex. I also took a few antibiotics for a UTI in between that time and had an allergic reaction so I stopped them. (I normally have an allergic reaction to them as they spur my colitis, but my doctor said that the dose I was taking wouldn't effect me- it did however) I've heard antibiotics can effect birth control however I didn't know this until after I had sex. It was my first time having sex. He pulled out only after 10 or 20 seconds because I didn't want it. He didn't Finnish inside me. I've been really upset about it and extreemly stressed since then, about the fact that I had sex with someone I didn't want to have it with and more so about the fact that I could be pregnant. I took plan B 2 days later. I would have taken It earlier but I thought my birth control would cover me. Then I started looking things up and some people said it wouldnt be effective until later. So I freaked and took it. At first it didn't bother me too much I just had cramps like I was about to start my period. Then 3 days later I went to a party and drank too much. I was throwing up that night and I blacked out. Also I had a a metronidazole right before I started drinking and realized later I wasn't suppose to drink while on that medication. Anyways. The next morning I thought I had a terrible hangover because I was sick in bed all day. Nauseated. But it's been 5 days now and the symptoms have just stayed the same pretty much. I've been nauseated every morning. I'm tense. Sore. Cramping. Tired. I'm feeling things That I don't normally feel. I work 7 days a week and I've been so stressed with work and now this. Do you think it's everything combined that's taking a tole on my body or do you think I could be pregnant. What are the chances that I could be. Also will I have my period since I've taken plan b and depo? It's due this Wednesday but I don't know if I should be worried if I don't have it. When should I take a pregnancy test? Thanks for your help

Symptoms:  Nausea
Cramping
Sore
Tense
Diarrhea
Doctor

A:   I can understand that you are very stressed out right now and your lifestyle is not helping your situation. The first depot injection is usually given during the first 1-5 days of a period. If you have the injection within five days of starting a period, you will be protected immediately. If for some reason the depot was not administered woithin the first 5 days of your period, it is generally advised that you use extra contraception (such as a condom) for 7 days after the injection. After one week of taking the depot, generally you are protected against a pregnancy. It is difficult in your case to judge if you could be pregnant as there are many factors involved.
If you think you could be pregnant the best way to find out is to take a home pregnancy test rather than stressing out about the same. Home pregnancy tests work by detecting the presence of the pregnancy hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in a woman's urine. Specifics may vary for each pregnancy test, so read the instructions on the pack carefully. Be careful to note the method of collecting the urine, the length of time you need to urinate on the stick for and the symbols used to indicate whether you're pregnant or not. It is advised that you take the test 3 weeks after the unprotected intercourse for the test to be reliable.
I am sure you shall be able to take the test yourself without any hassles with the information given above.