Could I be pregnant?

Q: I'm 29 years old and I've had my tubes tied for a little over 3 years now. My periods have always been normal but this month I was about a week late and I'v only spotted light bright pink blood or just brown discharge for 2 weeks now, is it possible I could be pregnant?

A:   Thank you for your query.
The chances of a conception after tubal ligation is very low though cannot be totally eliminated. There are few circumstances in which depending on the method used for the ligation it could be a failure and a conception can occur. It is advisable that you opt for a home pregnancy test to see if you have conceived.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.