Could i be pregnant?

Patient : I had sex almost exactly a month ago, and it was right after i had my period. i was currently off of my birth control but we used a condom. i just started taking my birth control again and only have not had my period, it should be during this week. i have had symptoms of PMS and cramping but no blood. so i wanted to know what the chances of me being pregnant are, and if it is possible that i could be getting the symptoms without the blood because i just got back on birth control?
Symptoms:  Cramps, back pain, upset stomach, moody
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. It is possible that your symptoms are being caused by the commencement of your new course o f oral contraceptive medication. What concerns us is that you have not had your menstrual period which could mean that you may have indeed become pregnant. In order to determine with certainty that you are not pregnant we recommend that you see your doctor as soon as you can and perform a pregnancy test. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com