Could i be pregnant?

Q: Hi, i'm 19 years old and stupidly on a drunken night i had unprotected sex. he didnt cum at all, but my period is now 5 days late and for 3 days I've been getting mild stomach cramps and breast tenderness the same as i get on the first 2 days of my period. my period isnt always regular but ive never had these symptoms before. could i be pregnant? is it too early to take a home pregnancy test? or should i just wait and see if my period comes. i have been this late in the past.

Symptoms:  Mild stomach cramps, breast tenderness

A:   Thank you for your query.
Withdrawl method is not a very effective method to provide a protection against an unwanted pregnancy. The symptoms you have quoted overlap with other conditions as well like they are the same like as those of premenstrual cycle symptoms. It is better for you to opt for a blood test for βhCG which is more sensitive & can give accurate results even in early pregnancy when the concentrations of the hormone are low. For the things you have tried to describe it appears as though you are safe just safe.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.