Could I be pregnant?

Q: I'm afraid I might be pregnant. I missed the second last active pill of my birth control and got my period on the day of when i took the last active pill in the pack, I got my period a few days early. 3 days later (today) I had unprotected sex, I'm still on my period. He pulled out but even though I'm still bleeding from my period is there a chance I could get pregnant from this? Should I take a plan b pill?

Symptoms:  Bleeding

A:   Birth control pills protect your from unwanted pregnancies only when taken in recommended cycles. It is unlikely to get pregnant during the bleeding, but the cause of the bleeding needs to be ascertained first. In irregular pill use, pregnancy may occur without warning, and sometimes pregnancy may also result in vaginal bleeding, if a miscarriage is inevitable. Please consult your family physician for evaluation.