Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Could I be Pregnant?

Could I be Pregnant?

Patient: Ok my questions is could I be pregnant. I had a son 5 years ago and with him I knrw beforr I was even late that I was pregnat. This time I am 17 days late andI have alot of pregnancy symptoms. I took one test and it was negative and then I took another one and it was negative but the other bubble part was still pink. So I am so confused.

Symptoms: Nausea and fatigue and cravings and incress need to pee and even leaking.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.comIf you are 17 days late and your urine pregnancy test is negative, th en you are not pregnant. In a pregnancy test kit, there is a control line and another line which becomes positive if there is hcg in the blood produced during pregnancy. so if there are two lines then the test is positive else its negative.What you may be experiencing are the premenstrual symptoms possibly which indicate that your menses may start in a few days or so. these premenstrual syndrome symptoms mimics that of pregnancy but subsides once the bleeding starts.I hope i have answered your queries in detail,wishing you good health ,regards