Could i be pregnant?

Q: Hi Doctor

i am a 19 year old.height-1.75m weight-113kgs. I used to have irregular periods since i gained 30kgs from age 13-15 years of age.
I had period for 2months after each other for 5-7days each. Then i started missing again. I have had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. But according to doctors he cannot have babies. But he is on an estrogen injection. I wonder whether there is still a possibility that I might fall pregnant. Because I havent had a normal period since 3months ago(only spotting). I sleep a lot lately and I have gained unexplained weight. Could I be pregnant?

Symptoms:  Missed period

If your menses have been irregular and you are obese then it is likely that you may be suffering from PCOS or hypothyroidism. PCOS can be confirmed by delayed menses, excessive bodily hair growth ( hirsutism) and delayed irregular menses, these can be evaluated with a hormonal profile and an ultrasound pelvis to look for polycystic ovaries. Once confirmed PCOS can be treated with low dose OC pills for 6 months to regularize cycles and by promoting weight loss with exercises , also if found to be hypothyroid then thyroxine supplementation would be required.
As your menses are irregular, so it is difficult to track the ovulation date , but if you have missed your cycles and had unprotected intercourse with the guy, then it is always better to get a serum beta hcg test done to look for raised levels after a week of intercourse. If the levels are raised , it indicates that the pregnancy is confirmed.
The sleepiness and increased weight gain could possibly because of hypothyroidism itself and needs to be evaluated . So it is suggested that you may visit your physician for a review.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,