Could I be pregnant?

Patient: Am I pregnant?First, my periods have never been regular they always come either 2-3 months apart. On my last recentperiod in november, i bleed a lot, heavy flow and vomited alot too. ive recently started to have sexual intercours are begining of october, and always used protection

Symptoms: My stomach feels heavy, anxiety mostly because its freaking me out

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.comIf your menses have been irregular since menarche and by around 2-3 m onths , then you must get yourself evaluated for hormonal profile to look for ant discrepancies. Oligomenorrhoeic cycles in your age group is seen to be common with women with polycystic ovarian syndrome , which also presents with hyperandrogenism( hirsutism) ad polycystic ovaries on ultrasound. The menses are generally heavier each time they come and often the problem with such cycles is to time the ovulation.In your case as you have become sexually active recently since October and have been using protection throughout, also you had your menses in November which ruled out any pregnancy . Now in this cycle , if you have missed your periods by more than 7 days and have been sexually active and you feel there could have been a contraceptive failure , then the best way to rule out any pregnancy would be to perform a urine pregnancy test which can rule out pregnancy confirmatively and you anxiety can be allayed.However it is advisable to visit your physician for a detailed evaluation for oligomenorrhoea.I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health ,regards