Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Could I be pregnant?

Could I be pregnant?

Patient: AI have had unprotected sex about 4-5 days out of the week starting October 18th to present day. In November I had two regular periods a few weeks apart which never happens to me. My head has been hurting, I am nearly constantly nauseous but cannot vomit, I have been getting dizzy, bloaty, gassy,and cannot breathe sometimes,I feel full after barely eating, and cramping. This has been going on for two weeks straight. Oh and I am overemotional. Is this a hormone issue or am I pregnantand still getting periods?

Symptoms: Headache, cramping , sleepiness, nausea no vomiting, irritability, two periods, gassiness, bloating, and moodswings.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.comIf you have been sexually active for last couple of weeks and had men ses or probably breakthrough bleed 2 weeks back, the symptoms indicate that either you are having early pregnancy symptoms or what can be premenstrual syndrome as both mimic each other. So the best way to confirm would be to do a serum beta hcg test which would indicate raised levels if you are pregnant else this is PMS which indicate that your menses shall start soon.I hope i have answered your query in detail,regards