Could I be pregnant?

Patient : I have been having pregnancy symptoms for three weeks. Today I started my period and its not normal. It goes from being light red with brown spots to heavy with brown spots and I am still having pregnancy symptoms. Can I be pregnant?
Symptoms:  Bloating, sore boobs, darkened aureolas, hunger, hard around plevic, fatigue
Doctor :   Hello, If your periods have started , then it is unlikely that you would be pregnant. The menstrual flow is usually li ght to start with and then it gets heavier in next 2 days which is exactly what is happening. Secondly the symptoms of bloating, sore breasts, fatigue form a part of premenstrual syndrome which mimic early pregnancy. If you were pregnant then there would have not been any bleeding at all around your expected date.I hope i have answered your query , regards