Could i be pregnant?

Patient: I had unprotexted sex 27th dec, on the 3rd of jan i had cramps like i was about to start my period but nothing im still having these cramps now and again but not as bad. I feel abit more tired than normal, abit sicky at times and getting back ache and heartburn. I have took a test but it said negative have i tested to soon?

Symptoms: Cramps, backache, sicky, late period, moody

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.If you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulati on there is possibility of pregnancy.To get accurate result you have to do the urine pregnancy test one week after missed period or 3 weeks after unprotected intercourse.According to your description the symptoms could be due to pelvic infection also, which can present with abdominal cramps, backache, vaginal discharge etc.If the symptoms persist, better to consult your doctor, get examined and take treatment.Take care.