Could I be pregnant?

Q: I had a heavy period on Thursday. By Friday I was only spotting. I have taken home pregnancy tests and they are negative. I have felt spasms in my abdomen, nausea, tired, urinating frequently, mood swings. I have not had tender breasts. Could this mean I am taking the tests to early or that I am not pregnant. I have also had blood work but the results are not back yet.

Symptoms:  Nausea, headaches, fatigue, mood swings.

If you have had an episode of heavy bleeding on thursday and it has happened when your menses were likely to be due then , these were your menses and unlikely to be any form of implantation bleed.However the symptoms experienced by you in form of mood swings, abdominal cramps , nausea , headaches, fatigue form a part of premenstrual syndrome which mimics early pregnancy symptoms in absence of pregnancy and they usually subside with the onset or end of menses.
You concern about pregnancy can be allayed confirmatively by the lab based serum beta hcg test which you have undergone already. If the levels of hcg are less than 1 then pregnancy is ruled out completely and it comes positive within 10 days of having intercourse if pregnancy occurs.
PMS can be easily controlled with balanced diet, meditation, yoga and often antispasmodics and NSAIDS easily.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,